Healthy Hearing & Balance Care is a specialised Auditory Processing Disorders, Meniere’s and Tinnitus Clinic based in the Eastern Suburb of Bondi Junction in Sydney. We are a private independent audiology practice bringing together the expertise of audiologist, otologist and neuro-physiotherapist to provide customised strategies for the prevention, assessment and rehabilitation of all hearing and balance disorders of children, adults and the elderly.
Our mission is to care for the hearing and balance needs of our patients to the best of our knowledge and expertise using the latest available technology, methods and procedures.
Our Areas of Expertise:
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Auditory training
- Assistive listening devices such as blue tooth, infra-red and FM technology
- Complex hearing losses
- Custom earplugs for noise, swim and music
- Diagnostic tests for hearing and balance disorders
- Hearing rehabilitation through hearing aids, BAHA, cochlear implants and other implantable hearing instruments.
- Meniere’s disease
- Musician’s hearing health
- Repair, adjustments, service, maintenance, accessories, parts and battery supply to hearing aids, BAHA and Cochlear Implants from all different manufacturers.
- Tinnitus, Hyperacusis, Acoustic Shock Injury, Misophonia and TTTS
Staff of Healthy Hearing and Balance Care, located in Bondi Junction, have developed a reputation of being able to solve the hearing and balance needs of those who could not be helped elsewhere. Dr Celene McNeill, Prof Bill Gibson and Ms Kathee DeLapp have a special interest in Meniere’s disease, tinnitus and other chronic auditory and vestibular disorders.
Director Dr Celene McNeill is a fully qualified audiologist holding a bachelor of applied sciences in speech and hearing obtained at PUCC Brazil, a Masters of Audiology and a PhD in Meniere’s disease from Macquarie University in Australia.
Celene has been working as an audiologist in Australia since 1989 and has a broad professional experience as a clinician, researcher, speaker, advisor and board member of the following professional and charity associations related to Audiology:
- Audiology Australia: past representative of NSW in the federal executive committee
- Independent Audiologists Australia: past vice-president
- Australian College of Audiology: affiliate member
- American Academy of Audiology (AAA): international member
- Australian Tinnitus Association NSW: past board director and past president
- Cicada Australia Inc: affiliate member
- Hearing Research and Diagnostic Centre – Precision Hearing: past chief audiologist
- International Tinnitus Association: member and organiser of the Xth seminar
- Macquarie University Audiology Clinic: past clinical educator
- Macquarie University Faculty of Human Sciences: honorary associate.
- Meniere’s Support Group of NSW: past board member and professional advisor
- Meniere’s Research Fund Inc: director of the board and scientific committee member.
- Neuromonics Inc: past professional consultant
- Prosper Meniere Society: member
- Self Help Group for the Hard of Hearing (SHHH): affiliate member
- St Vincent’s Hospital Hearing and Balance Centre: co-founder and past director.